Sunday 18 September 2011

The destruction of a massive baker

This blog post is so late that I can't even remember how late it is! So much has happened though like moving flat and losing my job and finding a job and breaking a rib and mentalbozoness.

Anyhoots I do absolutely remember the deliciousness of this bake club. It was total amazeballs. We again decided to make something savoury and something sweet. For savoury we decided on a chicken pie and a chocolate tart to finish.


Bake club went off with a hiss. My trusted food processor of eight years is with us no longer.


Lucky for bake club I am eternally single and have developed great wrist action. COZ I BAKE A LOT. Filth. Anyway ... we made the pastry by hand. Shortcrust if you must know. Filth.


The other prepared the filling. Oh. My. Gapes. It was such a tasty filling.


We had to distract him from eating all the chicken goodness ...



So we gave them pearls.


Wasn't distracted for long!



But just long enough for the serious bakers to get things going.

What came first - the chicken or the pie?

Greco-Roman chicken pie. This b**ch is winning Olympic medals baby!

(The chocolate tart wasn't all that great. It was great, but the pastry wasn't all that. I blame my food processor for dying). The chicken pie was just to. die. for. I am actually now dead and I am writing from my grave. It was worth dying for.









No comments:

Post a Comment